- If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages or download information, our website’s operating system will automatically record some general, non-personal information about your visit.
- If you voluntarily submit personal information via a form on our website (such as our contact form), we will use that information only for its expressed purpose.
Non-personal Information We Record
During your visit, our web operating system will record:
- The internet domain for your internet service, such as “xcompany.com” or “xcompany.net” if you use a private internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a college or university domain and IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access our website.
- The type and version of browser (such as “Chrome version X” or “Firefox version X”) that you use and the type of operating system you use (such as Windows, iOS, macOS)
- The date and time you visit our site, and the web pages that you visit on our site
- The pages you visit
- The address of the previous website you were visiting, if you linked to us from another website
- We use this information for statistical analysis to help us make our site more useful to visitors. This information is only used internally, does not record information about individuals and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Information Collected from Electronic Forms
On some of our web pages, we offer electronic forms that let you voluntarily submit personal information (such as your email address, name, or organization). This occurs when you create an account or submit a contact form. In those cases, all submitted information is used only for the expressed purposes for which it is intended and is not made available to any third party.
Information from Email You Send to Us
If you decide to send us an email, the email will usually contain your return email address. If you include personally-identifying information in your email because you want us to address issues specific to your situation, we may use that information in responding to your request. We do NOT distribute lists of email addresses to any parties outside of the Chesapeake Behavior Change.
On certain Chesapeake Behavior Change web pages, we use “cookies” to help you use dynamic, interactive features of our website. A cookie is a small file that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk, usually to keep track of you while you are connected to that site.
The cookies on Chesapeake Behavior Change web pages do not collect personal information about you, but they collect information about your browser “session.” The cookie makes it easier for you to use the dynamic features of these web pages without having to provide the same information again as you move from one page to another.
Links to Other Sites
Chesapeake Behavior Change has many links to external web sites. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, or solicit personal information. The privacy policies and procedures described here do not apply to any external sites we reference. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any site you link to from ours, especially if you share any personal information. Except as required by law, we do not share our email with any other outside organizations.
If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send your response on our contact page.